1. Making Zuzu into an awesome sister
2. Being an awesome sister yourself
3. the little hands sweeping behind you gesture you make when you are excited
4. the way your arms go up and you get all wiggly in anticipation when one of us put a receiving blanket over our shoulders
5. the courage you gave me as a mother
6. making us into a family
7. bringing me back to the kind of person I’ve always been
8. your confidence in your rightful belonging in our hearts, our family, our lives and on my hip
9. showing me the beauty in your unique face and way of being
10. your giggles, grins and gripping little hands
11. the community you bonded us too
12. your Buddha belly
13. your calm wise gaze
14. the way you follow your sister and cat around the room
15. your ability to have your cake and eat it too (you insist on being held by one of us and then immediately focus on the other)
16. for showing me there is more than one way to parent a child
17. the reminder that we all have abilities and gifts
18. your joy and exuberance as you accomplish each developmental milestone
19. the way you nuzzle into our necks when we hold you
20. the soft cooing sounds of you telling us what’s on your mind
21. our future- I can’t imagine our lives with anyone other then you, exactly how you are. I can’t wait to see and be with the person you are becoming and already are.
I can’t believe a year has flown by already dear girl. We all love you to itty bitty pieces and know that you are perfect exactly as you are. You make us so proud and we look forward to many, many family days together in our lives. We have so much to show you and do with you. We have learned so much about life, love and humanity already in this brief time together. This world is getting better every day- and we promise to continue to make it a happy, safe place for you to be able to spread your wings in. You are such a beauty. Thank you for gracing and blessing our lives.
This is so lovely for a lovely girl. You brought tears to my eyes as I reflect on the year milestone coming in a couple of weeks for us. I love what you have expressed for her. What a blessing.
Happy Birthday little one! What a beautiful little list. The picture is priceless.