Not so very long ago, it was much harder to raise your child that has special needs in your home. I’m thankful every day that our little family was created in the here and now. Here are just a few of the things we are thankful for.
2. Our pediatrician
3. Our pediatric cardiologist
4. Our pediatric surgeon
5. Our Children’s Hospital
6. Our children’s hospital that will do the Quail’s OHS if it ends up being needed
7. Our OT and PT
8. Our feeding specialist
9. Our geneticist
10. Our Down syndrome Family Alliance
11. Our Family Connection
12. Our preschool
13. Our speech therapist
14. The Babycenter Down syndrome boards
16. Advocates like Dave Hingsberger that make me think
17. Friends like Pudge & Zippy that tickle our funny bones
18. Places like The Waisman Center that educated me and do so much to further our understanding of disability
18. Friends like Down syndrome New Mama & Einstein Syndrome who help us get to know each other and understand our little ones.
19. Photographers like Conny & Bethany that help make it even easier to see the beauty in what for some is difficult.
20. Publications from Woodbine House that help a new mom & dad know exactly what to do when, to help their little one with a little extra, know every last little thing they should!
21. American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
22. The Arc
23. Disability Studies, Temple U
26. Down syndrome: Health Issues
27. Down Syndrome for New Parents
28. National Association for Down syndrome
29. Buddy Walk
30. Special Olympics
32. The National Down syndrome Congress
33. National Down Syndrome Society
34. NDSS National Policy Center
35. Patricia Bauer
36. Oz Squad
37. Reece’s Rainbow
38. The Recreation Council of Greater St. Louis
39. The T21 Traveling Afghan Project
40. Jennifer Graf Gronenberg , Kathryn Lynard Soper , Gifts and the other Holland officienados who will help you get there
41. Down Syndrome Pregnancy support and resources
42. And all the amazing bloggers that share our daily lives and experiences. Check the sidebar here for just a few. Yes, really those aren’t anywhere near all of them that are out there. As you visit them, note their sidebars and all the others that have graced us with just a little of their time, energy, wisdom and charm so that we know that nowadays- we aren’t alone. We’re in this together. It takes a village, and I’m grateful for mine.