- For having a lot to be grateful for these days and wanting to start documenting it again.
- Lovey joining the Down syndrome Family Alliance Board of Directors.
- Zuzu’s loving her Jumprope Team.
- A Daisy/Brownie leader being willing to step in and pick up Zuzu so she can join in.
- The way Sugarplum narrates her way around her day.
- The Quail’s teacher noticing the difference between when she is being obstinate and when she truly just needs help.
- The way the Quail says gua-nana for Iguana.
- Listening to the Quail read her weekly alphabet books to her Grandma over the phone.
- Zuzu riding up front in the car.
- Sugarplum announcing that she needs to do her homework too and then following along on Starfall as we click through the color red.
- Offers of cake, donuts, egg biscuits, pumpkin chili and candy.
- New friends to run with.
- Running for 30 minutes straight at a 12 minute mile pace.
- A compromise reached with Zuzu of leggings under shorts for the fall clothes.
- The Quail’s teacher deciding to do a fundraiser and awareness campaign around Down syndrome in the month of October in honor of the Quail and another student.
- The Quail being invited to birthday parties by classmates.
- Zuzu’s continued exuberance over being 8.
- 110 crunches in a day.
- Three little girls sleeping in beds and all the cribs taken down.
- Eeking semi-regular writing time into my day and how glad I am after I’ve done it.