2. family pictures turning out oh so bright and lovely
3. a new camera with which to shoot them
4. a yummy baked penne and loaf of Italian bread made from fixins in the pantry
5. a 4 year old asking for Beatrix Potter books
6. a 4 year old’s concern over whether or not Peter Rabbit’s father was rescued from Old Mr. McGregor’s garden
7. a bagel-park playdate
8. communion over seasonally inappropriate little girl clothes and realizing that the same fix was had in each home.
9. seeing the 20 month old really and truly crawling
10. November Sky Colorscapes
11. reminders of life’s randomness
12. support either way
13. a happy phone call with laughter over the smallness of this world
14. Girl’s Night Out and the discovery of a new cheese
15. 2 Buck Chuck taking the lead
16. my job and my kind co-workers
17. sweet feedback and confidence boosters on my photographs and perspective
18. Trader Joe’s!
19. sparkley shoes on little feet
20. last minute invites!
21. babies in fleecie nightgowns
See that huge smile? Well this week’s theme is a collection of reports of the recent naughties at school. Or as I like to call it- ” A-cute case of the Naughties”. I have to say though between that huge grin of pride and the wrench my heart takes when her little lower lip quiver pulls it out of my chest; she tends to not get nearly the discipline she should for her antics…sigh…life’s just unfair I guess!
10/13: She was exceptionally mischievous today. When I first got there, the toddlers were out on the playground. I scooped her up and took her down the big slide twice and then she stole my keys out of my pocket, dropped them, and laughed.
Then we played with blocks and cups stacking them up and knocking them over. She kept grabbing one and crawling away with it. When I would ask her to give it to me she did that cute thing where she holds them really close to her and turns away with a little grin.
10/18: I got out her toys and put them on one of the round tables. She crawled over to me slowly with lots of pretend sleep breaks.
10/27: Sorry we made such a mess. She was a little toddler tornado today.
10/28: She got distracted from the story by one of the toddler’s awesome new baby mohawk and kept petting the top of his head. He got annoyed and held her hand to make her stop and they sat there holding hands for a couple minutes. Then she decided to crawl around to the other toddlers and give them pats on the back.
11/2: Ms. Ashleigh told me that she’s noticed she will be sitting at the round tables and when she turns away and looks back over there, she will have pulled herself up to stand against them. She still wouldn’t do it without any help for me though… little stinker.
11/16/10: Then she went on a bit of a hair pulling spree. She saw one girl’s hair and grabbed it. I told her “no pulling” and “be gentle” and she pouted at me. Then she crawled over to a table and stood up to get to her toys I put on it. We played with her toys for a while, reaching for them and dropping them in the bucket. Then she saw another boy nearby at the table and shuffled a few steps over to him (She moves her feet so much more to get to other toddlers at the table than when I’m trying to get her to reach). She patted him on the head and then pulled his hair before I could stop her.
Good thing it’s a-cute and not chronic!
This week’s theme was anything goes. Perfect for this little collection of odd shots I’ve had the pleasure of taking this fall. I’m pretty routine in the things I look forward to shooting- my kids and flowers. I don’t venture out from those happy little shots very often at all. And when I do, usually I’m not too very fond of what I get. But these shots really made me smile. Mostly because I can hardly believe they came from my camera! We’ve started having little playdates in a park in our town that has a sweet boardwalk through a wooded area that empties out into one of the local lakes. The water level below the boardwalk really varies week to week. About a month ago there were a few feet though that attracted some happy little fish and voila- these images blessed me!
See what’s going on around the world: